● Networking with other attorneys through events and participating in committees.
● Free MCLE courses, including courses that meet Legal Ethics, Elimination of Bias, and Competence Issues requirements.
● Participation in the Mentor-Mentee Program and community service projects.
● Updates on current events, news, and programs in the Bay Area legal community through our email newsletter.
● Affiliate membership to the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association.
When Does My Membership Expire?
You must renew your membership every twelve months. If you joined in March 2016, your membership renewal is due in March 2017, except for law students whose membership is for the entire period they are in law school. To find out when your current membership expires, enter your user name and password in the Member Login page. If you paid for membership with a credit card after November 1, 2016, your membership automatically renews after every 1 year period. If you would prefer not to renew, you can log into your account and cancel the automatic renewal at any time up until the renewal date.
AABA is a 501(c)(6) tax-exempt organization. Contributions or gifts to AABA are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, membership dues may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses subject to the following restriction: the non-deductible percentage of these dues for lobbying is 1%. This portion of your dues is not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
Join by Mail
You can download a hard copy Membership Form and return it with your check payment. Please return the application form to:
Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area (AABA)
P.O. Box 387
San Francisco, CA 94104
Once we receive your membership payment, we will activate your profile on the AABA website and issue you with a username and password to access your profile to add extended information, including education, specialties, experience, and more!
Should you have questions concerning your membership, send an e-mail to: email@example.com.